Ugheli Dzaen (Good Day),
Chickaloon Village Traditional Council greatly appreciates all the effort put forth by our Staff to do their part as individuals and collectively help combat this pandemic. It is our intention to support each of our Staff and their families through this by staying safe & healthy. In response to the COVID-19 virus outbreak CVTC has decided to continue implementing mitigation strategies as recommended by the CDC and limiting non-essential services. These strategies extend the following action plan through April 30, 2020:
- All CVTC offices will remain closed to the public.
- Only essential emergent functions will be performed onsite during this time.
- We are requesting all staff to work from home if at all possible.
- Staff should not come to any CVTC office if you are sick or have family/household members who are sick, until fully recovered.
- Staff members who have “self-identified” that they are at higher risk, including staff older than 60, staff who have severe chronic medical conditions, are pregnant or have compromised immunity, should plan to work from home for the full extent of CVTC’s office closure.
- KEEP in touch! We will be providing status updates for CVTC regularly via email, Facebook, and on the Chickaloon website (www.chickaloon-nsn.gov) whenever possible.
- If you need assistance, please let me know. We will do whatever we can to assist you and your families.
The goals for using mitigation strategies in are to slow the transmission of disease and in particular to protect individuals at increased risk for severe illness, including Elders and persons of any age with underlying health conditions, and the healthcare and critical infrastructure workforces.
We do have staff who are able, working from home and will be checking e-mails; however, you may not get an immediate response. We appreciate your patience during this challenging time. Stay safe and for more information please rely on credible sources like:
Centers for Disease Control – https://www.cdc.gov/
World Health Organization International – https://www.who.int/